Brewers Unveil Nike MLB City Connect Series Uniform
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee Brewers unveiled the club’s Nike MLB City Connect Series uniform on Friday (June 17). The Brewers City Connect uniform is designed in conjunction with Nike to capture the region’s iconic branding and celebrate the beloved home of the Brewers – Milwaukee.
The uniform was designed and inspired by the bustling city, honoring the bond between the Brew Crew, the city and the dedicated fanbase.
“It’s a jersey made for Milwaukee. You know we have bad winter months, but the summers are great, whether it’s festivals, food, culture, art, there’s no there’s nothing that speaks to summer like the Good Land,” said Shaun Marefka, senior manager or retail and merchandise.
- Colors: The Brewers City Connect color scheme is a tribute to the popular flag of Milwaukee, a cherished symbol of the city. The powder blue base of the jersey reflects the summer skies in Milwaukee, as well as a nod to iconic Brewers uniforms of the past. The yellow represents the joy of summer sunshine in the city of cream and the navy blue trim is symbolic of the brand and our beloved Lake Michigan.
- Chest Graphic and Font: The Brew Crew chest graphic highlights the nickname given to the team by fans – Brew Crew – and uses a custom typeface iconic of Milwaukee’s industrial past, but with a modern twist representative of the recent cultural renaissance from the city.
- Hat Logo and Jock Tag: As a tribute to the city, Milwaukee’s 414 area code and airport abbreviation MKE have been artistically merged to create a striking new brand.
- Right sleeve: A stylish grill patch sits on the right sleeve, a nod to the city’s love of outdoor grilling and summer living. A City Connect uniform wouldn’t be complete without acknowledging this tradition and the Brewers’ tailgating experience – a right of passage for many fans.
- Sleeve piping: A nod to both the team name and the city’s brewing tradition, the yellow and white piping on the jersey sleeves represents the foam of a beer.
“The Brewers City Connect uniform is a gift from the Brewers to our Milwaukee home and to our fans,” said Rick Schlesinger, Brewers President – Business Operations. “Every element of the design was carefully created to celebrate the undeniable connection between our city, the fans and the team, Milwaukee’s Brew Crew.”
RELATED: Check Out the New and Improved FOX Sports App
Fans can purchase the Nike Milwaukee Brewers City Connect jersey, as well as men’s and women’s hats and apparel, in-store at the Brewers Team Store at American Family Field starting today at 9 a.m. and continuing through field debut on June 24. The Brewers Team Store is the only location in Wisconsin to offer merchandise through June 24.
“It’s extremely important that we connect with our city and have fun. It’s summertime, we have tons of fans coming to American Family Field and we love showing that our players can have fun with our city,” Marefka said. .
The Brewers City Connect collection will also be available on the Nike.com app, MLB Flagship Store (NYC), mlbshop.com and select retail outlets.
SIGN UP TODAY: Get daily headlines, topical emails from FOX6 News
The Brewers will wear the new City Connect uniforms for the first time on Friday, June 24 and throughout the series against the Toronto Blue Jays (June 24-26). Additionally, the team will wear City Connect uniforms every Friday at home and at community nights.